Real thoughts in text

Friday, July 01, 2005

Basketball vs. Hockey

During the school year I would often get in arguments with my classmates over what was a better sport, basketball or hockey. They would always pull the "basketball is wussy" card. They say that in hockey you hit all the time and in basketball if you get slapped on the wrist its a foul. The truth is that if basketball players wore as much padding as hockey players did, not only would there no more NBA just as there is NHL, but it would be just as unpopular when there actually was a season. I will admit there is much more reckless abandon in hockey but that is because every inch of your body is padded. So my point is that in proportion to the amount of pads basketball is much more physical. Not only is it more physical in the sense of pushing and hitting, but it is also more physically draining. I have said it before and I will say it again, pro basketball players are the most athletic of any sport (with maybe the exception of boxers). In closing there is no comparison between these two sports, not because they are so different, but because one of them just sucks so much that when the players went on strike, nobody gave a shit .(hockey)

2 Comments:

  • Dude, cagers are way more athletic than boxers. Get real. Underpants aren't athletic.

    By Blogger Nostradamus, at 11:22 PM  

  • I understand what you're saying, but what I failed to make clear was that I was referring to light weight boxers but I would have probably been better off not mentioning boxers at all.

    By Blogger Dionysius, at 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home