Real thoughts in text

Monday, June 27, 2005

You'll never want to land at night anywhere in the US again....

Today I was talking to an electrician who also works for the FAA. He told me and my father that the control tower equipment in Logan Airport (and at most airports around the country) is extremely out of date. It is so out of date that it has become a hazard. I know I'll never elect to land in another airport again. I think someone should act and try to update this equipment. We all heard of the close call at Logan recently blamed on the tower being under staffed at the time. Not only was it under staffed at that time, but it is always under staffed. Also, the people who work there are extremely underqualified. The FAA concentrates on hiring minority employees. I find this very stupid. They should hire only overqualified people. This would without a doubt prevent any other close calls from ever happening again.

2 Comments:

  • So are we against affirmative action?

    By Blogger Nostradamus, at 10:23 PM  

  • I'm not exactly against affirmative action, it's just that we should hire the more qualified people as opposed to lowering racial tension in the workplace.

    By Blogger Dionysius, at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home