Real thoughts in text

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Children are our future......

I agree with the concept of children being our future as much as the next average joe, but I believe we need to stop worrying about our childrens' future and start worrying about their lives right now. I have heard many politicians, including Bush, constantly talk about how we need to worry about our childrens' future when the fact of the matter is that our children will have no future if we don't act to try better society. We really need to set an example for our children so they can better the world for their children. As Eminem puts it, "We need to push this generation of kids to stand and fight for the right to say something you might not like...." He is right. We need to teach our children to utilize freedom of speech to change the world for the better. In order to change the world right now and set that example for our children our celebrities, the people who our kids look up to, need to speak out against violence, corruption, poverty, drugs, etc. I like what the One Organization is doing with all the actors in those commericials. It makes a difference. If you don't believe that our kids listen to those and take in the point of these commercials, then I'll give you an example of someone. Me. I saw one of these ads and proceeded to go to the website and see what they had to say. In fact, those commercials ultimately led to me starting this blog. I discovered the power of one voice and am now changing the world. My affect on the world as of right now is limited because of the number of readers I have, but I plan to change that. I am going to write letters to various celebrities asking them to look upon my site and discover what my goal is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home