Real thoughts in text

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Eminem

I have been listening to a lot of Eminem lately and I realized that he is a lyrical genius. Pretty much all of the shit he raps about makes sense. He doesn't just say random things that ryhme like so many other rappers of this day. For example, in The Game's song "Dreams" he says, "I woke up from the coma in 2001, the same time Dre dropped 2001." What the fuck does that mean? I could have come up with a better rhyme than that, and I have: I woke up from the coma in 2001, and the first thing I wanted to do was grab a new gun; so I go down to philly and get a new Glock 9 milly, illegally. There, I have done it, I have successfully defeated The Game, once and for all. Another rapper who is highly overrated by the common public is 50 Cent. Can anybody understand anything he says? I don't know about anybody reading this but all I hear is a lot of mumbling with the occasional ni*** thrown in. The reason I prefer Eminem to all of these other "gangstas" isn't that he's white but that he raps about serious issues (much like 2pac...). I have written him a letter asking him to check out my blog and tell me what he thinks. Although he probably will not send a letter back (or visit Real Thoughts in Text), there is always the chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home