Real thoughts in text

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The best music group ever

I have finally made a decision. The best group ever. I took into consideration records sold, awards won, achievement, and the group members, and I picked one sextet. The Miles Davis Sextet, specifically the sextet with the group members whom played Newport in 1958, is the best group in Music History. The group, which included Bill Evans on Piano, John Coltrane and Cannonball Adderly on Saxophones, Jimmy Cobb at drums and Paul Chambers on Bass. The addition to the group of Bill Evans was the best decision Miles could have ever made, even though it only lasted about six months. This group was absolutely astonishing, and would often leave audiences in awe. If you have not heard any recordings of this group, you are truly missing out, but I especially suggest Someday My Prince Will Come.

1 Comments:

  • Keep up the good work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home