Real thoughts in text

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Mickey Mouse

Quite recently I read or heard somewhere that Mickey Mouse gets 5% of the votes in presidential elections. I'm not sure if this is true but my question is why the fuck would anybody do that. That is pretty much the same as voting for an independent.(Just kidding) This is the kind of shit that forces all the controversy over who won every election. I think we should eliminate the write in space for all ballots everywhere in the US for now. Until an independent shows that he can compete with Republicans and Democrats it really poses no point. If the guy you support isn't on the ballot, tough luck. I'm not sure if everyone who reads this will handle it very well but at least it gets some conversation started.

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like Fascism to me. These write-ins can also be interpretted as a perfectly legitimate form of protest. Each vote for Mickey Mouse is a vote consciously made by someone for a person they know to be fictitious, which is obviously much different than someone simply choosing not to vote.

    By Blogger Nostradamus, at 5:16 PM  

  • I see what you mean.

    By Blogger Dionysius, at 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home